Celebrate your graduate with a commemorative gift basket delivered right to him or her — school, home, or work. Your purchase of a Blue Baboon graduation gift basket will include the book you chose from our five choices, a journal, a bookmark, and a pen. All of this will be delivered to your graduate, making him or her feel special and appreciated!
We’ve chosen five books that really capture the spirit of graduation, the world beyond, and possibilities:
- “Yay You” by Sandra Boynton — Moving Out, Moving Up, Moving On. For new graduates, or for anyone facing imminent change, here is profound insight, bold inspiration, and truly ensloxifying advice. Also an occasional hippo. No wombats. What’s more, Yay,You! will not overstress the weary mind. It’s nice and short, with lots of pictures, no chapters, no index, no graphs, no study questions, and not a single suggestion for further reading. Portable, colorful, and low in saturated fats, this is truly the perfect gift for that special onwardly mobile someone.
- “I Knew You Could Do It” by Craig Dorfman — The determined Little Blue Engine is back, bringing inspiring and enlightening words of wisdom to graduates of all ages as they make the transition from one phase of life to the next. (This one is a personal favorite of Ms. Sara!)
- “I Wish You More” by Amy Krouse Rosenthal — Some books are about a single wish. Some books are about three wishes. The infallible team of Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld have combined their extraordinary talents to create this exuberant book of endless good wishes. Wishes for curiosity and wonder, for friendship and strength, laughter and peace. Whether celebrating life’s joyous milestones, sharing words of encouragement, or observing the wonder of everyday moments, this sweet and uplifting book is perfect for wishers of every age.
- “North Star” by Peter Reynolds — Ask yourself where it is you want to go. . . . It is often said that life is a journey, and it’s true. But sometimes it’s hard to know which path to follow, when signs point in so many directions. In this beautifully illustrated book, Peter H. Reynolds once again encourages readers to observe, to wonder, and to consider diverging from the well-worn path—to pursue their dreams. Originally published ten years ago, The North Star has had a profound effect on its many readers. This edition, featuring all-new art, celebrates the book’s own decade-long voyage connecting people around the world. It has inspired classroom activities, a musical, and thousands more thoughtful journeys.
- “She Persisted” by Chelsea Clinton — Throughout American history, there have always been women who have spoken out for what’s right, even when they have to fight to be heard. In early 2017, Senator Elizabeth Warren’s refusal to be silenced in the Senate inspired a spontaneous celebration of women who persevered in the face of adversity. In this book, Chelsea Clinton celebrates thirteen American women who helped shape our country through their tenacity, sometimes through speaking out, sometimes by staying seated, sometimes by captivating an audience. They all certainly persisted.
Please choose your book, and we’ll do the rest! In the comments section at check-out, please indicate the name of your grad, delivery address, and whether you’d like the basket delivered on a certain date or time.