May’s Art Smart workshops are all about the goodness of gardens! As parents and grandparents are getting gardens summer-ready, we’ll be learning some important lessons and doing some creative projects about all things gardening.
- WEEK 1: How does your garden grow?
- WEEK 2: Surprise seeds
- WEEK 3: For the birds
- WEEK 4: What’s Hiding in the Grass?
- WEEK 5: The Bees’ Knees
Art Smart workshops are $5 per child. When you pay for all five workshops at once, you get the fifth one for FREE!» Read more
2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, May 6
It’s an event so awesome that it cannot be contained during normal store hours. We’re opening for this special event on Sunday, May 6.
The Fairy & Gnome Garden Party is going to be a celebration of spring and gardens and all things fairy, gnome, and magic! This is an adult-and-child(ren) event and includes everything you’ll need to make a fantasy fairy or gnome garden. But the fun doesn't stop there! Kids will also make a fairy crown or gnome hat and a magical wand. It’s going to be an afternoon of amazement and wonder for kids of all ages! The cost is $25 per child. Accompanying adults are free.
Please indicate in the notes at the checkout whether your child would like to be a fairy or gnome.» Read more
Let Blue Baboon Books help you surprise your favorite teacher with a gift to help build his or her classroom library! Choose the amount you’d like to spend, and tell us what grade(s) your teacher teaches. Then Blue Baboon Books will bundle together some top titles for the grade level you’ve selected. (Please indicate in the notes field at checkout if there are any specific titles you’d like us to include.) Then for $10, we’ll deliver your book basket to your teacher’s school or library! As a special thank you bonus, we’ll also include a $5 Blue Baboon gift certificate in the basket.» Read more
Give the teacher(s) in your life everything s/he needs to get through the last few weeks before the end of the school year! Blue Baboon Books will deliver a survival basket to your teacher’s school or home during Teacher Appreciation Week, including all the essentials: a scented candle, a relaxation face mask, hand sanitizer, ibuprofen, gum, tissues, hand lotion, chocolate, and — of course — a $10 Blue Baboon Books gift certificate!
Baskets will be delivered the week of May 7-11, 2018. Delivery in Wichita, Maize, Goddard, and Valley Center only. For teachers in other cities, store pickup is available.
Please indicate teacher’s name, delivery address, and preferred time and day of delivery in the notes section of the online checkout page.» Read more
Celebrate your graduate with a commemorative gift basket delivered right to him or her — school, home, or work. Your purchase of a Blue Baboon graduation gift basket will include the book you chose from our five choices, a journal, a bookmark, and a pen. All of this will be delivered to your graduate, making him or her feel special and appreciated!
We’ve chosen five books that really capture the spirit of graduation, the world beyond, and possibilities:
- “Yay You” by Sandra Boynton — Moving Out, Moving Up, Moving On. For new graduates, or for anyone facing imminent change, here is profound insight, bold inspiration, and truly ensloxifying advice. Also an occasional hippo. No wombats. What’s more, Yay,You! will not overstress the weary mind. It’s nice and short, with lots of pictures, no chapters, no index, no graphs, no study questions, and not a single suggestion for further reading. Portable, colorful, and low in saturated fats, this is truly the perfect gift for that special onwardly mobile someone.
- “I Knew You Could Do It” by Craig Dorfman — The determined Little Blue Engine is back, bringing inspiring and enlightening words of wisdom to graduates of all ages as they make the transition from one phase of life to the next. (This one is a personal favorite of Ms. Sara!)
- “I Wish You More” by Amy Krouse Rosenthal — Some books are about a single wish. Some books are about three wishes. The infallible team of Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld have combined their extraordinary talents to create this exuberant book of endless good wishes. Wishes for curiosity and wonder, for friendship and strength, laughter and peace. Whether celebrating life’s joyous milestones, sharing words of encouragement, or observing the wonder of everyday moments, this sweet and uplifting book is perfect for wishers of every age.
- “North Star” by Peter Reynolds — Ask yourself where it is you want to go. . . . It is often said that life is a journey, and it’s true. But sometimes it’s hard to know which path to follow, when signs point in so many directions. In this beautifully illustrated book, Peter H. Reynolds once again encourages readers to observe, to wonder, and to consider diverging from the well-worn path—to pursue their dreams. Originally published ten years ago, The North Star has had a profound effect on its many readers. This edition, featuring all-new art, celebrates the book’s own decade-long voyage connecting people around the world. It has inspired classroom activities, a musical, and thousands more thoughtful journeys.
- “She Persisted” by Chelsea Clinton — Throughout American history, there have always been women who have spoken out for what’s right, even when they have to fight to be heard. In early 2017, Senator Elizabeth Warren’s refusal to be silenced in the Senate inspired a spontaneous celebration of women who persevered in the face of adversity. In this book, Chelsea Clinton celebrates thirteen American women who helped shape our country through their tenacity, sometimes through speaking out, sometimes by staying seated, sometimes by captivating an audience. They all certainly persisted.
Please choose your book, and we’ll do the rest! In the comments section at check-out, please indicate the name of your grad, delivery address, and whether you’d like the basket delivered on a certain date or time.» Read more
1 p.m. Saturdays, April 21 through May 12
This is a craft series aimed specifically at kids age 9 to 14 years old. We’ll be creating four lovely crafts, one each week. We will be hot gluing, painting, and using sophisticated design techniques to create four pieces of home decor that tweens can display in their bedrooms or throughout the home. The cost for this workshop series is $40 and includes all supplies and instruction. Parents are welcome to stay or drop their children off and pick them up after the crafting workshop.
We will be making a decorative lamp, an illuminated photo frame, a decorative whiteboard, and a rose topiary.
» Read more
There’s always an occasion for books! Birthdays, holidays, baby showers, or the second Thursday of the month — books are always great gifts. And they’re such a practical gift, too: They don’t take up much space. They require no batteries. They’re quiet. They’re the gift that keeps on giving. There’s something for everyone! Make gift-giving easier for the folks you love with» Read more
We would love to celebrate your child’s birthday (or even your own) with you! Our cozy party and event area is big enough to accommodate up to 15 children or 12 adults. We’ve also got ready-to-go themes! Blue Baboon will provide the crafts, games, plates, eating utensils, cups, napkins, decor, and a party host or hostess. You provide any cake,» Read more
Channel your creative juices into a glass to hold your favorite juices. Create a beautiful custom wineglass with your girlfriends during this 21-and-older BYOB event! Bring a bottle of your choice for yourself or to share with your fellow crafters. All supplies and instructions are included in the cost of the event.» Read more
Blue Baboon Books is offering an incredible artistic opportunity to area homeschool students! Students can sign up for this eight-week course, which will feature units on shape, shadow, color theory and use, and a completed art project. The class is appropriate for ages 6 years old and older, and it will be scaled to meet the needs of each student. Classes will be taught by our own Ms. Chelsea, who is a homeschool graduate herself and the creator of Blue Baboon Books gorgeous tree centerpiece. This class is limited to 10 students, and preregistration is required. All supplies are included in the price.» Read more